Hello fellow readers!!
University has been quite hectic this week, it’s amazing I even had the time or energy to eat. So cooking good food has been more of a luxury. But this was an easy and spur of the moment recipe that I just tried from the ingredients in the pantry and fridge. It’s easily customisable and won’t take that long to make.
4-6 Jumbo Shells (I used Great Value)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3/4-1 cup Ragu or any tomato sauce of your choice
3/4 cup spinach (I used frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
2. Boil the jumbo shells, until it is al dente, it will be cooked but still slightly firm. Drain the water.
3. I used frozen spinach so I cooked that according to the package directions. Drain any excess water.
4. Pour half of the tomato sauce onto the bottom of the baking pan you will be using.
5. Carefully open up one of the shells and spoon in spinach and and cheese. Place it onto the baking pan. Put filling in the remaining pasta shells.
6. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the stuffed pasta shells.
7. Optional: Add any remaining cheese on top.
1. I used the ingredients I already had, but traditionally pasta shells are filled with ricotta cheese. So you can easily make this substitution and use the mozzarella on top.
2. I didn’t want my stuffed shells to be too tomato sauce-y so I reduced the amount.
3. I know we try to make healthy food and I show you my plate of cheese stuffed pasta shells and cheesecake. But this is the first time I am making good food in a while, so let’s just let this one slide =)
I hope you go and try this and let me know how you make it! Happy eating!!=)