So I had no inspiration to cook yesterday, we had quesadillas that we made from the leftover chili, and then took a very long nap! So dinner required a lot of inspiration, but very little work. In walks French Toast made Indian style! Sanu’s moms recipe that is so easy to make! It makes no sense I know! But keep reading and you will understand.
2 tbsp milk
Salt to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste (or pieces of ginger and garlic minced)
1. Whisk eggs, chili powder, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste and salt together in a flat dish (we used a casserole dish), add extra spices according to your taste.
2. Add a little bit of the milk. The milk is just used to make sure everything combines, don’t make the mixture too milky.
3. Leave the mixture for about 10 minutes so that all the flavors can meld together.
4. (Optional- Toast the bread lightly) Cut the bread into triangles, and soak in the egg mixture for a few seconds.
5. Cook on an oiled pan until, flipping occasionally until both sides are crispy and brown.
6. Top with cheese and serve hot with ketchup/pickle.
Ginger-garlic paste can be found at any Indian store, and is easy to add to any dish!